Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
HS 4 Band Stacking Registers Request
2014-08-30 15:53
I'm not sure that this is the correct forum to make a feature request, so if it isn't can a moderator please move this to the appropriate place?

I would like to request that band stacking registers be added to HS4.

For those not familiar with them, band stacking registers remember the last dial frequency you were on for every band and always return to that dial position when you click the band change button. Additionally, these are usually implemented so that each mode button has it's own register too. The way that works is say you click 20 meters, the last dial frequency is remembered for USB, for CW, etc. So click CW and you are where you last had the dial on that mode, click USB and you are where you last had the dial for that mode. Click 10 meters USB and you are where you last had the dial for that band and mode.

Having these added would be a big convenience.
Re: HS 4 Band Stacking Registers Request
2014-09-06 13:26
That would be a useful function, indeed. But at the moment not even the normal memory works correctly. After each update (all 2 to 3 days) the transmitter lost all this informations and you have to do it again.
So at the moment, with all the bugs on HS 4, it makes no sense to implement new features.
The most important thing is to fix all of that, and that's Kellys work at the moment.

By the way: To post any HS 4 questions it would be better to do that in the new HS 4 Forum on the HS 4 website. :)
I don't believe that any staff-members reading this threads longer, because most informations are on Facebook now and the new questions in the HS 4 Forum.

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2014-12-03 23:57
There is something similar to what you would like already implemented in HamSphere 4.0. The memory slots on the "LCD Memory" plugin that is included with the default HS4.0 Transceiver each hold ALL the setting on the the transceiver. So, the band, frequency, mode, antenna, rotator direction, volume level, power level, mic level, etc, etc is ALL saved in that slot when you select the "+" in the LCD Memory plugin to add the setting to a slot, all those settings are recalled when you select that memory slot later. This doesn't give you the feature you were asking for where selecting a certain mode takes you to the last frequency you used that mode on, but it's still a pretty good feature.

Up until version 4.006 (just released a couple of days ago), there was a bug that resulted in all your settings and memory entries getting lost. I can't say 100% for sure that it won't ever happen again but I haven't lost my settings once with version 4.006 even after TRYING to to things that used to make them get lost. So, things are looking very encouraging.

Mike
WB7ECW
2014-12-04 18:04
Hello Mike,

I can agree it. .006 is the very first version where you don't lose all this settings. It was the same for me after the .006 release, my last memory-settings are still there. :-)

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.