Welcome to the November/December 2011 Edition of the HamSphere Newsletter.
In the last few months HamSphere 3.0 has been active and many additional comment from users have been received. Thank You for your observations regarding the new version.
The months of October and November have been very busy in the HamSphere Development Department with modifications to correct various issues that surfaced & create new features for HamSphere version 3.0 upgrade.
(Trial users: This upgrade comes with a short extension of your trial so that you can install and test it)
As you read this Newsletter - HAMSPHERE Version 18.104.22.168 has been released with many items bundled together in the upgrade:
1) Bug fixes – some major & some minor but all needed to be addressed.
2) A new INSTALLER of the Software Download EXE file. This will ensure that all users will get HamSphere properly installed, creating the required Icon on the computer Desktop. This installer will also check and remind Users to have a microphone attached to computer prior to logging in, to prevent Audio device error messages. Plus checking that JAVA file is present and installed correctly.
3) Modified the Echo – Mic Testing feature (recorder / playback) – This feature will be on 160 meters & on the frequency 1.823.45 Mhz.
4) NEW Development ---- HS- LOG Program -----------For Users to log QSO’s within the HamSphere software. HS Log User manual
30 METER BAND Digital Mode
Some basic tips from Andy 26HS2241
• Check your sound card settings to make sure you are receiving audio to your preferred program i.e. MMSSTV
• Operators need to read the help file and adjust properly the Sound Clock Settings for Receiving pictures without slant and then adjust their TX offset to adjust their transmit slant
• Documented information is on the facebook page.
• Do not rely on the AUTO SLANT within MMSSTV software.
• Set your output levels: To Transmit with the Codecoff press transmit a test tone (1750) button next to TX firstly and set your output s meter needle to around S7 S8
• Always add the callsigns for identification purpose, and try to send the RX image back (picture in picture) to show what you received at your end.
• Be patient and try not to double with other operators on the same frequency, If two station are exchanging pictures wait until they are finished before you start sending images yourself
To have your function keys working properly, keep the cursor active in the chat input field.
USER DATABASE CLEAN-UP
If you have made changes to your email, name or QTH you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update your data.
A list of some interesting DX countries that registered this past month is:
ALBANIA, ALGERIA, ARGENTINA, ARMENIA, BANGLADESH, BARBADOS, BELARUS, CAMBODIA, CHINA, COLOMBIA, COSTA RICA, CUBA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, ECUADOR, EGYPT, FAROE ISLANDS, FRENCH GUIANA, GEORGIA, GHANA, GRENADA, GUADELOUPE, HONDURAS, HONG KONG, ICELAND, IRAN, IRAQ, ISLE OF MAN, JAMAICA, JORDAN, KAZAKHSTAN, KENYA, KUWAIT, KYRGYZSTAN, LIBYA, MARTINIQUE, MOLDOVA, MONACO, MOROCCO, MOZAMBIQUE, NEPAL, NETHERLANDS ANTILLES, NIGERIA, OMAN, PAKISTAN, PALESTINIA, PANAMA, PERU, QATAR, SINGAPORE, SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, SUDAN, SYRIAN ARAB REPUBLIC , TANZANIA ,TUNISIA, UGANDA
DX Stations are active using HamSphere. It is not difficult to work 100 countries in a short time. Be at the right place at the right time. Call CQ on a clear frequency and be surprised at the activity it can generate.
TIP: Speak Slow & Clear - Use common English words that foreign stations will understand as some do not use English in everyday speech!
iPhone, iPad and Android development
We have started to work on the new iPhone and iPad versions.
We are at the same time working on a new system for android and the development is done on a SamSung 9100 Galaxy 2. Please check the news to get yourself updated on this development.
Due to increased PAYPAL availability in some countries we have removed the following countries from the DX-List: Slovakia, Czech Republic and Hungary.
The HamradioQRV Worldwide QSO Contest was conducted on HamSphere between 0000 hours UTC on Saturday 5 November until 0000 hours on Monday 14 November.
Results as follows:
POSITION NAME CALLSIGN COUNTRY POINTS
1. Victor RW6XT Russia 297
2. Steve 26HS491 England 277
3. Luis 31HS310 Portugal 254
4. Mohamed 7X2GK Algeria 252
5. Sarabjeet 57HS253 India 241
6. Jagadev 57HS377 India 184
7. Suresh 57HS103 India 118
8. Fernando EA5AXZ Spain 106
9. Romulus YO3IMX Romania 94
10. Mike 9HS119 Canada 87
Expanding the HamSphere Network
We have been working on a new addition to the HamSphere network located in Sydney, Australia. This server, when available, will be serving Austral Asia with better ping times and lower latency.
The HamSphere Store
If you are interested in HamSphere collectibles and memorabilia or clothing merchandise we have opened
"The HamSphere Store"
Thank you for your interest and the continued Support.