Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
Can I operate Hamsphere without a License?
2009-12-05 05:12
i dont have a ticket yet sdo this will probably not work will it
Re: BEING A NEW HAM RADIO OPERATOR
2009-12-05 08:40
Admin
Yes it will work, all HS (Hotel Sierra) callsigns are allowed on the system.
2009-12-12 20:55
Welcome to Hamsphere Dan. Congrats on getting your ticket. I'm working on getting mine. One good thing about Hamsphere is that you can practice all the procedures right here without worrying about messing up and getting a letter from the FCC.

73's
Jeremy
2hs415
2009-12-19 18:21
Kelly has made available for those wanting a amateur radio license, the ability to "taste" the excitement of getting on the airwaves.

Some folks have a little trouble with the Morse Code to get advanced to General but here you can practice and have fun at the same time. And once you do get your General Class ticket, more of the bands are opened for you, thus more contacts and more fun.

As Jeremy said in the earlier post, you don't have to worry about getting a hit from the FCC if you mess up. I had an old Swan 350 (aka 3-drifty) and I have gotten notices from them telling me that I drifted into an area that I am not licensed for back then. Don't have to worry here.

Kelly has done a tremendous job with his website for us all to enjoy. Let your friends know about Hamsphere and promote it. It will inspire those who have always wondered about the hobby. AND, you can have fun "rag chewing" with many new friends to come.

Merry Christmas to you all from Florida.
Les Philip
W8AMI
Re: Can I operate Hamsphere without a License?
2010-07-08 11:37
This concept is so cool. I have always wondered about becoming a ham, but never knew when/how to start. As mentioned above, this is a great way to learn about and get comfortable with amateur radio without worrying too much about breaking any laws, and I can meet new people at the same time. I can't begin to imagine the amount of time that went into putting Hamsphere together, but please know that I for one (and many many others) greatly appreciate it.

2HS3658 Joe, Ohio, USA
2010-09-28 05:06
i just become a new user and have played with the Java rig already. i hate to admit it, but i enjoy it as MUCH as i do the traditional ham rig that i own which is the Yeasu FT-747 GX "or gulf xray". the only thing though is i have not purchased a subscription for it since it costs so darned much, but either way Kelly, you not only did a good job on the site, but i have made mention to my older sister of this system, and she has considered giving a try but i don't know as of yet if she's gonna try it since she's a bit scared to talk on even the FRS two way radios that i own as well LOL. i still do like this software and hope to see improvements in the band spread available to un subscribed users. i believe it only gives a band spread of 96 KHZ but i could be wrong though. that's not much of a band spread compared to the continuous coverage my Yeasu gives me. of course any real rig will give you access to certain band spreads. still the same, i do enjoy listening to online hams talk to one another though. thanks much.
2010-11-26 06:42
Not sure I understand why someone would not need a ticket to operate.

1. Is this a program all in itself?

2. Are the bands listed on the PC the same as on a regular Ham radio where you can transmit on the PC and hear on the Ham radio, kind of like Echo-Link (refer to question 1)?

I did hear someone talking today from Mexico, stating that anyone could operate on any band, is this true?

Thanks 73's,
Jim

Just trying to figure this out before I purchase a subscription and set up to General class.
2010-11-26 07:47
Jim,

Despite chatter and rumour HamSphere is not like Echolink or IRLP.

As has been explained in the documentation and with in the forum HamSphere is a mathematically modelled simulation of amateur radio, including QRN, QRM, and propagation.

At no time does the traffic on HamSphere become RF traffic via a transceiver, but remains internet traffic routed via the HamSphere servers.

As a simulation there is no requirement for any form of license. However, to ensure correct operation procedure and behaviour there is a short exam based on the HamSphere manual for those without a genuine and verifiable amateur callsign.

I hope this clear up you concerns.

Andy
KF6PVT/MM0BQV/Broadcaster

Hamsphere Forum Moderator
2010-11-26 18:57
Thank you,
2010-11-29 03:02
Many thanks
2011-10-24 08:52
can I operate Hamsphere Without a license
2011-10-25 05:37
can I operate Hamsphere Without a license ???

YES YOU CAN !!!!

Gr GEERT
2012-06-04 05:18
I don't know code at all.Is it mandatory or can you use just voice communication?

Ralph 2HS1054
2017-09-26 18:07
With such thing as the Roblox robux hack here you can get free robux to generate the hack online.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.