Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
QUESTION ABOUT IP
2015-07-01 11:45
in my home we have 3 different computers 2 laptops and 1 desktop computer all connected in the same router. As i know these three computers have 3 different ip addresses . Is there a problem if i login with my account from these 3 different computers? ( from 3 different ip) ?
Re: QUESTION ABOUT IP
2015-07-01 12:16
Hi,

don't worry, you don't have 3 different IPs by using a router. :-)

Explanation:
There are 2 different types of IP: First the internal IP for each device, e.g. Computer, Smartphone, WLAN-Printer, Laptop and so on.
That is to distinguish all machines in a local Network.

The second IP (and more important) is the external IP-adress. This IP appears to the outside Net, in this case it means "the Internet".
And this "outgoing" IP is provided by your router and your internet-provider.
The router collect all your internal IPs and manage each data-package to your other computers or to the external Net.

Example:
Your devices have IPs like 192.168.178.20, 192.168.178.21 and 192.168.178.22. That's interesting for your router and each device.
Your router has the external IP from your provider, for example 88.123.456.03 or whatever.

This external IP is interesting for the HamSphere servers, nothing more. An internet-server can't "see" your internal IPs behind the router.
Also most router are working as a firewall respectively have a build-in FW!

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.