Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
Strong / Week Signals
2014-11-16 18:54
I have both Hamsphere 3.0 and 4.0 installed and still use them both at different times ...
I notice i get more received stations on different bands while using HS 3.0, when i turn on HS 4.0 and tune to that band and freq., I don't hear anything.... am i doing something wrong on HS 4.0.... i have tried a couple different Antenna's and didn't make difference.
thanks for any replies....
Kevin
Re: Strong / Week Signals
2014-11-18 10:36
Hi Kevin,

"week signal" is good :-)))

there are 2 reasons for that:

1. HS 3 is just a program like Skype and so on (but with simulated background noises and fading), you can make contacts all over the world any time you want and with strong signals.
But HS 4 is more "real", depending on the propagation you can only operate on "open bands" and on distances who are possible on real HF as well.
By that it is normal to hear far away stations sometimes with a very "weak" (not "week") signal. Be patient an watch the current propagation, sun-flux and so on.

2. HS 4 runs only a few month since release-date, there are not so many users at the moment. Most of them are still on HS 3, but they are more day by day! I'm using HS 4 since August from Germany and most of the time I have many contacts on it.

So just try it again, be patient and try some antennas. A special hint from me is the G5RV Dipol, which is very good for 10 to 80 meters.
Later on you can try Yagis (more for short/medium) and Cardioids for long distances/DX. Both of them are rotatable.
Good luck!

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
Re: Strong / Week Signals
2014-11-18 17:53
Thanks Jorg... 73's
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.