Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
Re-Route Audio Outpu
2009-12-23 07:07
Hello Guys,

I was just wondering is it possible to re-route the audio output of HamSphere through my USB headset rather then using my studio monitors?

I know that I can achieve the desired effect by changing my output sound settings to my USB headset under Sound in the control panel, but id rather not do this as it will get annoying to change this all the time.

The mic input works fine but yeah an option to re-route the audio output from within the software would be good, is it possible :)

PS. I had a flick through the registry but couldn't find anything, so perhaps the CFG file has an option for this?

Thanks,
Scott
Re: Re-Route Audio Outpu
2009-12-23 08:22
Very odd, Scott. Since the system configures your headset's mic automatically, I'd think that the audio output channel would be automatically configured, too. When I plug in my Plantronics USB headset, both the mic and headphone channels become my active audio device automatically.

Is this problem particular to Hamsphere, or does the same thing happen when you try to use your headset with Media Player or another MP3 playback program?

A tip: When using a device such as a USB headset that replaces your computer's default audio device, you need to launch the program after you've connected your headset. If you connect your headset after launching a particular program, the program won't know that the audio device has been changed. So try connecting your headset first, then launching Hamsphere.

Hope this helps.

73, and Happy Holidays!

Tom
2009-12-23 10:23
OK, Thanks for the reply.

What happens is ive told windows to only use my M-Audio soundcard as its 1st default.

For example in EchoLink you control within that software how one routes the audio, I set my output and input to Microsoft LX-3000.

Hamsphere uses the Windows sound properties, the one found in Control Panel, so for now what I will do is just manually change it over before I start hamsphere when I want my output Audio running through LX-3000.

I hope this helps with what im trying to explain.

So perhaps a feature for a future version would be to be able to configure how you want to set your inputs and outputs from within hamsphere :)
2010-01-05 00:09
Admin
Hi Scott.

This is now possible with version 2.0.17

Kelly
5B4AIT

VK5FSKS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello Guys,
>
> I was just wondering is it possible to re-route
> the audio output of HamSphere through my USB
> headset rather then using my studio monitors?
>
> I know that I can achieve the desired effect by
> changing my output sound settings to my USB
> headset under Sound in the control panel, but id
> rather not do this as it will get annoying to
> change this all the time.
>
> The mic input works fine but yeah an option to
> re-route the audio output from within the software
> would be good, is it possible :)
>
> PS. I had a flick through the registry but
> couldn't find anything, so perhaps the CFG file
> has an option for this?
>
> Thanks,
> Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.