Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
transmit problem
2011-10-26 20:17
advice needed please.whenever i use transmit i can only set microphone to level one,any higher the needle on signal meter moves to the full right of the scale and reads 80 plus,even with transmit power set to zero and microphone unplugged,and microphone boost not activated.from 26hs284.
Re: transmit problem
2011-10-26 20:20
Admin
Hi. Try selecting a different input device. The software is defaulting to device 0. But if your microphone driver is assigned to another device you will need to reset.

First do /devices
You will get a list of suitable input and output devices.
Then select a new mic device by issuing the command /record x where x is the new device number.

Kelly
5B4AIT
2011-10-30 13:44
Good afternoon.

I have checked the system for 26HS284 (I am this user's son) and the system (PC) configuration is correct. We have tried 3 different mics and get the same behaviour with each of them. In Windows, the system volumes are correct and audible with/without mic boost enabled and system playback and soundrecrorder comes back clearly and at correct volumes.

However in HamSphere, as soon as you key up the mic on level 2 or above, the needle goes offscale high and there is almost no audio quality, very hard to make out. Even with all PC inputs muted and the mics disconnected, these transmit power levels are the same so it seems that the mic is working fine but there is an issue with our HamSphere installation. I have upgraded to the latest version and also uninstalled/reinstalled and it is still doing the same thing. HamSphere playback/recording devices are set to the correct values using the /devices dialog and also the GUI menu in the new version.

Any advice on what could be causing this or how to rectify it would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
2011-10-30 14:56
Admin
Hi.

1. Did you set Mic boost off?

2. Did you change the input device with /record x where x is a number between say 0 to 4 and try each device?

3. When the meter goes off scale like that and it is no audio quality it may be hum that causes it. Make sure you have proper shielded cables to the mic. Especially low frequency hum such as 50 or 100hz from main may cause the needle to spike.

Kelly
2011-10-30 15:46
thank you for your reply,answer to question 1 = yes, answer to question 2 = yes, as for question 3, signal meter swings full right even when microphone is unplugged.any further suggestions please,thanking you,26hs284.
2011-11-11 16:04
the problem with the microphon/transmit issue has now been resolved,it was caused by a faulty sound card, replaced the card, everything now functions correctly,hope this information is of use to others on the hamsphere,26hs284.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.