Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
Saved QSL card not being sent - incorrect logged frequency
2017-12-02 09:52
I've uploaded and saved my own QSL card on the system.

I've completed some QSOs today and received QSL cards from those

As per the FAQ, I searched my log for these QSOs, but although they are logged, the logged frequency of 14250 KHz is incorrect - my QSOs were on 7050 KHz.

I also received emails from Hamsphere for each QSL request. When I click on the 'send QSL' link in the email, a QSL card is sent, but it is the plain default card, not the card that I uploaded and saved.

2 questions:

1) How do I configure my account so that my customised QSL card is sent when I click on the email link?
2) Why are all my QSOs logged with an incorrect frequency/incorrect band? Can this be corrected.

Thanks - Simon
Re: Saved QSL card not being sent - incorrect logged frequency
2017-12-02 12:17
Hi Simon,

first: the (System-) e-mail is NOT for sending any QSL-cards, it is only an information for you that you got a new card from other stations.
You send cards only via the radio-logbook, with the small "S" icon which is turning into red after sending.

Wrong frequency: Have you been on 20 meters (and transmitting) before you QSY to the 40 meters freq.? That could be a reason somtimes, e.g. on server-delays.
I also had this issue some times, but you can correct the freq.-entry before saving and sending a QSL card.
Normally you see in the logbook the current freq, mode and time, you only complete the entry with the callsign and correct the RST (e.g. 57 instead default 59).

Then click on "Save QSO" and check the entry before you send the card. If there is a wrong frequency or time or name, you can correct it now and save again. THEN send the card, not earlier.

Hope that will help you a little bit.

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2017-12-03 02:34
Hi, thanks for your reply:

first: the (System-) e-mail is NOT for sending any QSL-cards, it is only an information for you that you got a new card from other stations.

Well, that doesn't seem correct. Each email that I have received includes the text ' Or simply click this link to confirm the QSO', followed by a clickable link. When I click on that link, a QSL is automatically sent to confirm my QSO, but that QSL design is the plain default design, not the customised version that I have previously uploaded and saved,

When I log in to Hamsphere 3.0 and search the log book for QSOs, there are none!! I had 16 QSOs yesterday and I can send plain QSL cards to confirm these, so the QSOs have been logged somewhere :)

Why can I not locate any of my QSOs when I enter the call-sign of the station into the 'Find' text box? Do I have to enter each QSO manually after the QSO is completed? Is it possible to browse my logbook, rather than do a specific callsign search?

If I look on my webpage dashboard for received QSLs, I can see the image of each received QSL. Is it not possible to click on each image to send my own confirming QSL? (That would seem to be much more user-friendly...)

I appreciate your help to sort out these issues.

Simon
2017-12-03 04:20
XZ1DX Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Do I have to enter each QSO manually after
> the QSO is completed?

> Simon

Yes, of course. Like in the real world on real radios and logbooks. If you don't do so, that should be the reason for all the trouble.
You can log it during a QSO or later on, that doesn't matter.
And please send a card only from the logbook to make a "valid" QSO.

I agree with you, that a "reply function" via server / webpage would be comfortable, but there is (at the moment) no way.

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.