Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
Procedure for Storing Frequencies in Memory
2010-11-13 20:15
I am new to Hamsphere and understand everything about how it works except the procedure for storing frequencies in Memory and clearing the contents of a memory.

I've read all the help and user manual materials but the actual storage of frequencies in a memory slot doesn't seem to work as described. There is no mention of how to CLEAR a memory.

Would someone please be so kind as to describe, step by step, how a frequency is stored in a memory slot.

Can someone please describe how to clear the contents of a memory slot?

I would be most grateful.

73, Frank KB4T in Florida
Re: Procedure for Storing Frequencies in Memory
2010-11-13 20:33
Admin
Hi Frank.

I believe you are right. I have forgotten to describe this. I will add it right away.

Anyway, it is very simple. Place the marker on the memory you want to have deleted and press "Delete" on the keyboard.

Kelly
2010-11-14 01:08
Hello Frank KB4T

Maybe someone has given you this information Frank......

Storing menories in the 9 slot available is pretty easy...................

Step 1: Tune the frequency you wish to store ................example : 7.055.00

Step 2: Press the VFO/MR button ( to switch to Memory)

Step 3 : Use mouse pointer or the CH+ or CH- to advance the memory slot in which you want to store this freq. This moves a retangular box around the slots........

Step 4: Press the ENT button on the RADIO --- the one with the F ENT & it is under the 80meter button....
This will enter it .................

STEP 5: Press the VFO /MR button to return to normal operation....................

============================

You can tune in another frequency example 50.190.00 & then start over with Step 2......

===========================

To recall any frequencies in the memory slots.............

Step 1: Press the vfo/mr button........
Step 2: Use mouse pointer or CH- or CH+ to select which you would like and click .........

Go ahead and talk on the memory channel..............

When done switch back to the normal VFO mode press VFO/MR button ...........

Notice the indicators above digital readout as to what you have selected.........
==============================

To clear a memory slot - Delete the existing freq entered...............

Either Enter a new frequency .......... enter over an existing one to change..........

To clear / delete ...........

Step 1: Press vfo/MR button to switch to memory bank
Step 2: Use mouse pointer / or ch- or ch+ to the desired slot to which to delete....

Step 3: Use the keyboard DELETE button .............Gone

Step 4: Press the VFO/MR to get back to normal operation.......

=========================

These memory slots and other user information are saved in the HAMSPHERE config file........

This config file is location on you hard drive in the directory call HASPHERE... file name is hs20.cfg.

You can edit the memories directly in this notepad config file if you wish ...... BUT it will remember upon logging out for the next time you log in...........

-----------------

If this file get messed up .........I would delete it completely on the hard drive .......re-enter you USER information Callsign / pin# ---- Memory slots in the radio and log out ......... It should rebuild this file........

========================

As for entering Memories using the method of getting blank line in the VFO freq read-out and using the NUMBER keypad ....... this is also an option .......now that you know the basic you can experiment with this alternative method..................

=======================

Hope this helps you out FRANK..........

Vic
VE3JAR
2010-11-14 04:13
Kelly & Vic:

Thank you both for your input regarding the use of the memory feature of the HS v2.0 software. I'm all set now. I appreciate your help!

73, Frank KB4T in Florida
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.