Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
OS X Crash
2010-09-16 21:53
Hello,
I cannot log in or click anywhere on the Java window for HamSphere on mac. If I click anywhere, it just stops responding and crashes.
Mac OS X Snow Leopard, 10.6.4
Re: OS X Crash
2010-09-17 06:24
Here is the fix I used with the same symptoms:

Find the hs20.cfg file in your applications folder.

Open it with Textedit.

Edit the first 2 lines

hs20.cfg
2HS3312
Your Password

When you open the application you should see the callsign and PIN already filled in.

Wait a couple of seconds then click the 'login' button.

If it crashes relaunch and try again.

It is an intermittent problem, I can go weeks without it happening, but the above helps get around it.

The problem is almost certainly OSX related rather than a HamSphere issue.

Andy
KF6PVT/MM0BQV/Broadcaster

Hamsphere Forum Moderator
2010-09-19 20:29
I don't think there is an inherent problem with OS X. Been using Hamsphere 2.0 without issue today - Macbook Pro / OS X 10.6.4
2010-09-20 06:35
G0THD
I don't think there is an inherent problem with OS X. Been using Hamsphere 2.0 without issue today - Macbook Pro / OS X 10.6.4
I did describe it as intermittent rather than inherent.

Having discussed the crash reports with guys who know more than I will ever do about the deep workings of both OS X and Java they can see no consistant reason for these issues and and they say that HamSphere is not a fault.

One stated = "It's just one of those things - we may never know why and it'll go away as quickly as it started."

Andy
KF6PVT/MM0BQV/Broadcaster

Hamsphere Forum Moderator
2011-08-11 13:30
I had this same crashing problem on a Mac that was wiped clean with a new installation of OSX 10.6.8 placed on it. When I installed Hamsphere 2.0.19 it would crash repeatedly whenever I tried to login. Since I had used the software successfully before the "re-imaging" of my computer, I suspected that Java on my machine was the culprit. I found that there is a program in the Utilities directory called "Java Preferences". In my computer, for some reason the 64 bit version of the Java SE to use was listed as first in the list, above the 32 bit version. When I dragged the 32 bit version above the 64 (reversing their positions on the list), the problem with Hamsphere went away! Don't know why the computer was set up this way when I got it, but if you are having problems with Hamsphere crashing on a Mac under OSX, check out the way your Java preferences are set.
Hope this helps somebody!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.