Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
Having a hard time with opening hamsphere
2010-05-04 06:49
Hi everyone:

I used to have the hamsphere transceiver working on my computer until it crashed and I had to reinstall windows. Now when I download it and open it, nothing happens. I tried to install the program three times without success. I even cleaned up all the traces when I used the search engine and did a clean C hard drive. I just don't know why I am unable to get the transceiver working when it once worked before. Not only did I download hamsphere using Firefox but IE 8 as well. Is there a patch that I am not aware of? If anyone can please help me with this, I certainly would appreciate it. I am now a full member and I would like to establish contact with other hams. Thank you very much.

Mel
Re: Having a hard time with opening hamsphere
2010-05-04 06:57
Admin
Dear Mel.

This sounds like a Java issue as you re-installed windows. You will need to upgrade your java from www.java.com to the latest java software.

It is also very important that you have a microphone connected to the computer as new drivers
may shut down the input unit when no devices attached.

Kelly
5B4AIT
2010-05-04 07:02
Hi Kelly:

Thanks for your immediate response. You are absolutely right and I did not realize that I had to also install Java. I did and everything works fine now.

Best of 73's
K6RVD
Mel
2010-09-08 20:39
still cant open it /it show up on my screen but nothink happen can you let my known own to get the test up
2010-09-08 20:43
i want to paid for your service but my card is a coventry and i can not use it on things like this i can take money out but cannot get thinks on it
2010-09-08 22:33
Hello Dennis

You have been on the RADIO ....... you have had two trial periods which of both have EXPIRED.....

Please tell us more of the problems you are having................

The HAMSPHERE SYSTEM is OPEN for EXPIRED TRIAL USERS between certain hours during the week.

weekdays Mon-Fri 0600-1300 UTC.

VIC
VE3JAR
2010-09-08 22:40
Hello Dennis

If you read the information on the HAMSPHERE FORUM about " HOW TO SUBSCRIBE"

http://www.hamsphere.com/subscribe.php

It will tell you how to do it with PAYPAL Very easy to do ..............
other method could be done ............

IBAN/SWIFT BANK TRANSFER:

Please pay 25 Euros via SWIFT/IBAN BANK transfer to:

RINGJOEBING HOLDINGS LTD
IBAN: CY95 0050 0140 0001 4001 4917 8701
BIC/SWIFT: HEBACY2N

Company address: 13 Archbishop Makarios 3 rd, 8280 Pafos, Cyprus

Please state your callsign and notify me via email accounts@hamsphere.com when the transfer was initiated and I shall upgrade it immediately.

Vic
VE3jar
2010-09-20 10:21
Just one thing if I can use your time .If I use an USB Headset to connect to the Hamsphere system ,is it enough to just plug into the usb port of my computer then when I wish to transmit I press tye PTT button.? I would very much appreciate this information as I wish to subscribe and use your system. Or is it that on subscribing all these problems become like dust?
Best regards to you from Bernard 26HS1668
2010-09-20 10:47
26HS1668
If I use an USB Headset to connect to the Hamsphere system ,is it enough to just plug into the usb port of my computer then when I wish to transmit I press tye PTT button.?

1. Make sure that the most up to date driver for the headset is installed.
2. Launch your copy of HamSphere and login.
3. In the chat bar type "/devices". You will be presented with a list of the audio devices attached to your computer that HamSphere can see.
4. If your headset is listed make a note of the associated device numbers.
5. In the chat box type " /record " followed by the number of your headset record device (Mic).
6. In the chat box type " /play " followed by the number of your headset playback device (Headphones).

You should now be able to use your headset within HamSphere.

8. Go to 50.12345 in the 6m band. This is the test frequency. It will record your output and play it back to you.
9. Adjust your computers audio settings first. Set the record and playback levels of your headset to between 50% and 75% of maximum.
10. Set the HamSphere Volume, Power, and Mic gain dials to 50% (vertical)
10. Transmit on 50.12345 for a few seconds, using your normal speech level and tone, making sure that the reading on the ALC scale (bottom green line on the S meter) peeks at 3, not passing the end of the green line.
11. Listen your the playback of your audio. Adjust your headphone level for the best results.
12. If the mic gain is too high or too low then turn it down/up in the compter settings until you are close to the correct level.
13. Once close to the correct levels use the HamSphere settings for fine adjustment.

Having setup both your headset with HamSphere and adjusted your levels you are now ready to use HamSphere, getting the beast results while causing no problems on the bands.

Andy
KF6PVT/MM0BQV/Broadcaster

Hamsphere Forum Moderator
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.