Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
linux jar, i get no playback devices
2010-02-13 19:32
/devices lists only the java sound engine as a playback device, yet my linux box has an ALSA and an OSS sound source available for other software

also if you make any changes to the software in the future, it might be helpful to have a copy/paste function available for the chat window.
Re: linux jar, i get no playback devices
2010-02-13 21:36
Hi Jed,

I have the same problem. I'm working on getting HS to run on Wine and playonlinux

Make sure you have the latest Java and try just right clicking on the package and run it that way. You may have some trouble with the volume though. I'll work on getting things to run with the other programs and let you know how things go.
Re: linux jar, i get no playback devices
2010-03-02 01:21
i tried it agn today and it worked. seems i had some kind of flaky hardware problem. when i tried it a couple of weeks ago, my sound card was in some unrecognized state (it didn't show up in the linux system settings list either, after 2 reboots). but it seems to be working ok now. i think the sound hardware was locked up with a running program on a different user's profile. i had a similar problem the other day when my kids left a DVD player program running in their profile. it didn't cause problems with the sound hardware this time, but was eating up 80% of the CPU time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.