Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
QSLing to HS Callsign's
2010-01-04 05:51
Hi all,
I have been asked by some members on HamSphere to send them a QSL Card.
Now I do collect QSL Cards (1500) and very very happy to send them out, (eQSL) but with some members having a HS callsign and not an eQSL account is there another means of QSLing to these members?????
If so can it be made known to these members that there is a way to QSL (both ways).
For members that don't know what I talking about I can send an eQSL from one Ham to another but not to a HS callsign.

Any help.

Cheers Paul.
VK4FPDW
Re: QSLing to HS Callsign's
2010-01-04 15:25
Hello Paul
A lot of people are asking this question. The Hamsphere users with HS calls need to sign up on EQSL. If they want to get QSL cards this is what they have to do or else they won't receive them...... unless they email their home address to the other person.

EQSL is open to non Hams so signing up isn't a problem.... Getting folks to sign up is! hi hi

Jerry - N1TKO
2010-01-08 11:12
So there you have guys and girls, sign on the eQSL (http://www.eqsl.cc/qslcard/Index.cfm) very easy to do and you can put as much or as little detail as you require to join.

Also while your there look at QRZ.com (http://www.qrz.com/) this is a "callsign look up" (and others interesting Ham things) ie put my callsign in the "search" box and you will go to my page, once again you can put as much or as little detail as you require.
There might be more site's out there but these are the most common.

These are a "toolbox" or valuable sites to go to to find out who/where/what information they have on there site, once again alot or as little information as you like for everyone to know/see.

Idea's
1) Hobby's.
2) Where you live and how far from a major city are you ie like mine 30ks from Brisbane.
3) Have you had a Ham back ground ie had callsign W4*** then sold my gear and now back again.
4) If so what equipement did you own.
5) Photo's of anything you'd like to share.

QSLing
QSL Cards can date back as far as 1920 and earlier, I have many around 1922, a QSL Card is a form of receipt of a QSO or talk between two stations, these can then be used to show your fellow mates/operators who/when you had contact with another station.
A 1920 card from 8IZ sold not long ago on a site for $2247.00 USD

Just a snippet from Wiki.
Amateur radio operators exchange QSL cards to confirm two-way radio contact between stations. Each card contains details about one or more contacts, the station and its operator. At a minimum, this includes the call sign of both stations participating in the contact, the time and date when it occurred (usually specified in UTC), the radio frequency used, the mode of transmission used, and a signal report. One national association of amateur radio operators, the ARRL, recommends a size of 3½ by 5½ inches (89 mm by 140 mm).[2]

QSL cards are a ham radio operator's calling card and are frequently an expression of individual creativity — from a photo of the operator at his station to original artwork, images of the operator's home town or surrounding countryside, etc. They are frequently created with a good dose of individual pride. Consequently, the collecting of QSL cards of especially interesting designs has become an add-on hobby to the simple gathering of printed documentation of a ham's communications over the course of his or her radio career.

So operators join up so we can send out QSL cards, you also can send them out and also get them back.
Its always nice to receive a QSL Card from someone you have talked to.

Give it a go.

Cheers Paul.
2010-01-08 16:41
Thanks for that Paul!! Very well put.
Best 73
Jerry - N1TKO
2010-01-09 00:47
I signed up in eqsl and didn't have any trouble using my Hamsphere call sign.
2010-01-09 04:41
I have now changed the Web Address to access these sites to red RED.

Cheers Paul.
2010-01-13 11:23
Hi friends,

I have joined eQSL and sending the card after a QSO is a breeze!

Only thing is, just don't forget to do it as it is a pain just to be the guy giving without receiving!!

73 de MOHAMAD
2010-01-14 11:09
Well done, QSLing is just that TX and RX I have some really nice old QSL back to 1922, reading some of the comments and the gear they used, fantastic. Whole rooms full of gear and now my Kenwood TS2000 does that and much more.
I used to send cards out but after 142 out and 4 returns, I now QSL but do send a hard copy if asked, but you can also print from eQSL.

Anyway eQSL is a nice fast way for QSLing, within 5minutes (or as long as it take to load) you have a QSL, simple. Design, import (like I did) and generate your own personal card, this is your card your sending out to someone in the world who you never know might keep it and in 80yrs its still going.

Spread the word guys and girls, spread the word.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.