Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
New User
2021-12-03 00:53
Just started with V4 as never used this before but am back on the air ? after a 35 year break !! If i put on Ver 3 it works great .. I have now V4 and all I get is a weak signal and a load of static.. The antenna is set as the vertical and on 160 ..just a load of noise . ON V3 at least I can hear some CW .. The Antenna is showing green and RF is at Max . The display is noisy but is flat and shows no stations.. Not initially impresssed .. Any help gratefully received..
Re: New User
2021-12-21 14:01
Greetings Clive.

Looking at your comments here are a couple of things that you can check.

- Unlike HS-3 , HS-4 uses real propagation conditions (simulated) effecting how the band(s) act at any given time. HS-3 is more like Skype (VoIP)

- Try a band in your area which would or should be currently active in real (RF) based on the propagation projections either found on internet or propagation tab on your HS-4 radio dashboard.

- In HS-4, you can use 2m and 70m similar to HS-3. You will get simulated repeater IDs but contacts can be made worldwide.(VoIP)

- Enjoy HS-4 for what it is. It simulates as best can be. the ups, downs and the "Hunt" as in real HF radio.

- What HS-4 is not.....It is not HS-3

Hope to catch you down the log.

Ray
WX4PBC

Ray
WX4PBC
wx4pbc@yahoo.com
Re: New User
2021-12-21 14:03
Should read 2m and 70cm

Ray
WX4PBC
wx4pbc@yahoo.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.