Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
Difference Between 3 & 4
2017-01-14 17:07
I have had H3 for several years and and only listen so far. I downloaded H4 and am very dissapointed with the receive. I feel I must be doing something wrong. I receive a few stations once and awhile but nothing like on H3. I want to register my grandsons who are on the East coast and set them with a laptop which I will then send to them. So, if anyone has an idea of why my receve on the H4 is so poor I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks,
Ryan KA3OHL
Southern, UTAH
Re: Difference Between 3 & 4
2017-01-15 11:23
Hi Ryan,

the reason is, that HS4 is much more realistic and works with real propagation parameter. Also not so many people are using this system so far.
Like on a real (HF) radio it is not possible to work every point of the world on every band and all the time (which is possible on HS3).

So this system is more for "real HAM feeling" and people should know how to work with a ham radio.
And the signal is also dependent on which antenna you are using.

HS3 is a complete different system and a bit more like "Skype". Just VoIP with a little bit noise-simulation and so on, not more.
So "just for communication" (e.g. with your grandson) and all the time it would be the better system.
And it is good for learning "how to operate a radio" as well.
Also it is good for Nets, big (roundtable)-groups and so on, because the connection is very stable all the time and over long distances.

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
Re: Difference Between 3 & 4
2017-01-18 23:03
Thanks for the info.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.