Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
Homemade QSL Cards FREE
2010-02-10 15:39
Would you like to homebrew a FREE QSL card that you personalize with your own special touches? For those new to the world of QSL cards you may ask “What do I put into the card.

The basics are simple. You will need your call be it Hamsphere or ham. Your call should stand out on the card. You will put at least your first name (last is a friendly touch) Then there is the QSO confirmation section. Callsign worked, date, time (UTC) ,frequency , RST report, and comments section. Now you can add your CQ Zone and ITU Zone and any other information you would like the world to know about you.

The card should be standard 5.5 inches (13.97 cm) in length and 3.5 inches (8.89cm) in height.
You will need a digital photo software program of some type. Don’t have one? I use Paint.Net. It is easy to use and scales canvas and images quickly. Oh yea, it’s also FREE! Download it here. From cnet.com

In Paint.NET, from Toolbar, select “Image”, click on canvas, and reset canvas size to 5.5X 3.5 (13.97 cm X 8.89 cm).

Select “Layers” from Toolbar, click on “Import from file”. Open the image you want to use. If image fails to auto size to canvas, select “Image” from toolbar and click on resize. Set size to size you want. If background, set to above canvas size.

To add text and other trimmings, select ”Tools” on toolbar and pick your tool needed. To build QSO information box, I find the Rounded Rectangle tool quick and easy. To add / change color, from Toolbar, select “Window” and click “Colors”.

Save as a jpeg and there you go. If you use eQSL upload and that’s it. If you e-mail or “Snail Mail”(postal) you can open your saved card in Paint.NET and use Text tool to fill out QSO Information.

If you would like to see cards made, check out my webshack site The QSL cards were made using above method.

Lastly, there is a downside. If you make cards for others as I do for my XYL Sandy 2HS417,you will try to out do each card you make over and over. Hi…Hi…So far,Sandy's card out does mine.

Have fun and let the artist out!!
Ray
WX4PBC
Re: Homemade QSL Cards FREE
2010-02-22 10:43
s
2010-02-22 23:54
Thanks for posting this message!!!!
I downloaded the program and will try to make a QSL card.
Does it really matter what kind of stock you print your cards on?
I have several reams of 90# Buff Index card stock that I would like
to use for my cards.
2010-02-23 10:50
No,it really does not matter. You can use what ever stock you perfer. I have even used 20 lb.stock but they curl very easy.

Good Luck

Ray
WX4PBC
wx4pbc@yahoo.com
2010-02-23 14:22
Thanks again!!!!
2010-06-03 07:05
REMINDER:

4th of July Weekend HS Contest

Ray
WX4PBC
wx4pbc@yahoo.com
2012-07-21 16:13
Thanks again73
2012-08-25 00:54
Your welcome. Enjoy

Ray
WX4PBC

Ray
WX4PBC
wx4pbc@yahoo.com
2015-05-22 21:22
Hi can you please tell me how I can copy my qsl cards to my computer on HS4? only my cards on HS3 can be copied and stored on my P.C. is it not possible on HS4? pity we can't receive all cards from both platforms on the HS website. 73s Howard M0AYO.
2015-05-23 00:08
That's quite simple: Just go to your QSL cards.

Right click on one card and select "Bild speichern / Safe image". Then your file-browser on your computer will open and you can choose a target for that file/image. That's all. :)

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2019-01-19 17:29
KE4MEX HS 3.0

USA , Georgia

THANKS DEX
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.