JW/LA7CL will be active from time-to-time between 6th and 9th of May 2019, from Svalbard.
QTH: Longyearbyen - Spitsbergen Islands. Station will be answering CQ calls on open bands, and will work split when necessary.
Standard DX operating procedures will be expected.
Bulldozers will be blacklisted - and do not ask for "band hopping".
Please follow this simple rules to make this a pleasant celebration of my 80th birthday
1. Please listen – you must know my call - before calling
2. When calling do not transmit my call – only your call once (max twice) - and use your full call.
3. I will answer with your call – you are "report" – QSL?
4. If your call correct - Only confirm report to you - and give your report. Do not repeat my call. I am not interested in the weather, your antenna, power or your sick mother-in-law. Keep the contact short.
5. I will go on with: TU JW/LA7CL QRZ – or just QRZ
6. If running QRP or MOBILE – Do not put this behind your call
7. A lot of the time I will run SPLIT MODE – and will not listen on my TX QRG You have to learn using split mode – and listen for «Split listening 10 up»
8. If I say «Only NA», «Only Far East», «EU Stand By» - I mean that !!
9. QSL cards will be sendt «as soon as possible» - maybe in a «downperiod» in conds. I do not know if WiFi is good enough to send "on the fly" ??
Take it easy - let us have fun.LA7CL
Wayne D. Anderson - 9HS4755
HamSphere DX Expedition Coordinator
DX Expedition Forum Moderator
Modérateur du Forum en français