Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
Introduction of "Me" aka ke6yb but not current.
2015-04-07 18:31
I had my first QSO on HS with a UK station on 7055 virtual kc's (KHz) nowadays. It sounds and feels just like an actual HF transceiver! However he was 589. That's what I would expect from a station 200 to 2000 miles away, not over the pole to Europe (exception, across the Pacific on 10 meters on the daylight path when sunspots are up. ) can be that good.

My main interests in this multi faceted hobby are;

1 old fashioned SSB or CW on a basic tranciever, especially
vintage tube or 1970's solid state or hybrid. Like Yeasu Ft-101 ten Tec Argos, EF Johnson Ranger, Hallicrafters,
Drake, Heathkit, and my favorite! Collins S-line. Those have better IMD and spurious radiation numbers than the stuff being made today! I can swear I hear more than I do on a new right with all the fancy digital filters. I am very interested in Propagation and comparing it on different wavelengths. The wavelengths control the propagation and
The size, design and construction of your antenna!
I'm interested in using digital modes to control remote
Equipment at any distance from blue tooth range up to nationwide. And I like working DX using QRP, lowest possible power. It takes more skill and patience than using power and huge antennas! Anyone can do that! And many do, especially on 20 meters, which Is a great QRP and DX band. I want to
Homebrew, but not nessecarily from scratch but in a modular or component way. Use the best features of several
radios and combine them. I like working with analog audio too like good Mic into a good preamp with Dolby or equalizer
And feeding that to ( Sony three head reel to reel AND a top grade cassette deck and or couple hundred watt audio amp.
That can drive speakers or modulate a400 + watt AM Final stage of a transmitter, ( with good isolation and impedance
Matching and of course no audio frequencies above 4000
Hertz) I mainly operate mobile or portable and not depending on the electric utility for power. That's Enough for an intro!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.