Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
Hello To The Hamsphere Community!
2009-12-08 18:09
My name is John, may call is KJ4PQH. I hold a Technician class license presently, but am studying for my General now. I discovered Hamsphere while searching the Internet and am quite pleased with this program. Although I do have equipment (a Yaesu FT-757GX & a FDK Multi-750A 2-meter rig), I live in an area that has been designated "historic", which prevents me from doing anything which takes away from the "historic" value of the neighborhood... I.E. outside antennas, towers, etc. Satellite dishes are even frowned upon, but can be located on the back of the house, if not seen from the front. I don't have any trees or such, so hiding antennas is out of the question. I am considering "stealth" antennas, hidden in the attic.

Hamspere allows me the opportunity to develop my "on the air" skills and meet new people, which is the reason I got my Amateur license. As a teenager, I used to hang out with the ham operators and had a great time. In my elder years, I finally decided to get my license, out of respect for a great friend and silent key, K4OUT, John C "Jack" Cutler.

Looking forward to talking with each and every one of you! And to Kelly... thanks for such a wonderful program!

Respectfully,
John KJ4PQH
Re: Hello To The Hamsphere Community!
2009-12-08 20:45
Hello John
Welcome to Hamsphere! Very, very well put. You are a perfect example why programs like Hamsphere are so important. I sincerely hope you can find that perfect stealth antenna so you can get on the air. Hamsphere is a great place to meet folks with similar interests. Although a lot of users are not licensed Hams, I promise you that you are going to be amazed at the at the operating etiquette and knowledge these guys have. I was and still am, very impressed.
Enjoy Hamsphere John and thanks for introducing yourself. I'll look for you around the bands for a rag-chew. If you see my call, please pop in and say hello.
Jerry - N1TKO
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.