Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
13HS1807, Jörg, Bochum/Germany
2013-11-06 12:35
Hi dear OM's,

although i'm since a few weeks on HamSphere, i'd like to translate my posting from here into English and introduce my person:
http://www.hamsphere.com/20_27996_read.html

(sorry for my english in advance, it's not perfect, i know that) ;)

My name is Jörg, i was born in 1961 and my QTH is Bochum/Ruhrgebiet/Germany.
I was a CB- and Ham-Radio/HF Operator in the 1970 and 80 years and had finished this hobby in about 1985 or 86. Sometimes on 11 Meters until 1994. In my youth i was a "Electronic-Freak" and later on it was a part of my job. Also Computers and Telecommunications.

After a long time without Ham-Radios i was looking for an alternative via Internet - and i found it with HamSphere, due to a hint from another Operator. Before that i had the idea that it would be possible to realize it via "Voice over IP" and so i was searching for such a solution.
And i was astonished to find many matches with CB-Radio simulations, so i installed 2 of that. And there i got the information, that HamSphere would be a better solution/system for me, because i'm a "technic-freak" and ex-ham-operator.

I made a trial-account and just after 3 days i made the subscription here. :) It's an absolute amazing simulation of a real hamradio, with only some differences like strong/good signals over big distances, always good connections all over the world and some more. But it's a great way for communication with much peoples everywhere. :-)
I enjoy it all the time and we have a taste of "real ham-feeling" on this system. Thanks alot for develope this nice programm!

Due to some filters the "SSB/USB/LSB" simulation with its typical fading and "cross-modulation" and the VFO and so on is absolutely perfect! And that only via VoIP.
It's a real feeling.
Maybe i can give a little support and advise for some new stations, beginners and persons who are interested in real ham-operating (i've already done so in the last days).

Because i'm not longer activ on real Ham-Radios and my callsign is not longer valid - and to avoid any law problems, i don't use my real/original Ham-callsign on HamSphere, but rather a fictitious HamSphere callsign. I know some other Hamoperators here are doing the same.

Ok, so i would be glad to meet you on the frequencies there, thank you all for many nice QSO's in the last weeks (round about 300).
All the best, take care and 73's to you all,

Jörg - 13HS1807 from Germany

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.