Howdy! I'm seeing everywhere how digital modes work great on Hamsphere, but how do you get the software to talk? Anyone use fldigi? I cannot figure out how to set the soundcard parameters to work with hansphere. Are there instructions anywhere out there that describe it?
I confirm all modes in Fldigi work 100% with Ubuntu and the Hamsphere Java App at least on my box here in Bangkok, but like most things it is not super easy to set up (or is it - you decide).
1. Set the sound card (Configure|Sound Card) input up to your "line" device input not your mic inputs
2. It pays to turn the local volume on the headset / speakers down so you do not go deaf on RX/TX
3. But you will need volume "11" set on the Hamsphere App to RX any signal (the waterfall remain blue in most cases with yellow on RX signals - so lower levels than you may be used to but it does work)
Well that was simple
How this is where it gets a bit difficult. You need to set the Hamsphere application (I use the Java based one in Linux) to the following;
1. Mic input setting to about "3" so the audio level does not exceed the normal voice levels (I use the Green settings on the S Meter and set it to peak at the end of the green bar)
2. Power settings in most cases should not exceed 6
3. Set the PTT switch to VoX for easy use if you are in QSO mode or use the fixed PTT oprion to TX BUT be careful that you have no local voice coms else you will be booted of Hamsphere for 5 minutes as 10mhz does not take voice just data like I was by an over zealous admin who thought HELL as a digital mode, did not sound right.
That was also simple.
All modes work well, but forget CW in the short term as it seems a tad difficult to get the proper RX decoded in multi QSO's (just like normal)
There is no SSTV in FLdigi so you will have to look at something like q-sstv but it hates my line input settings and refused to work on any /dev/dsp settings, so it be time for a compiling session in my dreams tonight.
Dear Luigi look rk3zz site, where details on how to connect the outputs of the sound card. And also you can buy a mixer, which I did enjoy the digital work.
Have any questions, please write or broadcast hamsphere.
> Dear Luigi look rk3zz site, where details on how
> to connect the outputs of the sound card. And also
> you can buy a mixer, which I did enjoy the digital
> Have any questions, please write or broadcast
> Mike 50HS1308,
> See you at Hamsphere, 73!
I try to find RK3ZZ but I have not found anything.
If is possible send the link.
Explain to me what it's possible do with a mixer?
> Spiacenti luigi rz3zz.ru, sulla prima pagina nella
> parte inferiore del regime è.
> Mixer allows you to combine and mix the sound card
> as they can manage and receive and transmit
> signals, as digital modes, and SSB mic.
> Ci vediamo sul hamsphere aria 73!
Thank you a lot Mike,
I try to contact Rz3zz to understand the correct connection with the mixer.
TNX to friends on frequency that help me to set-up Fldigi software....now works like a rocket in digital mode (CW, PSK31, RTTY).
Unfortunately haven't the possibility to operate with all the mode (for example Packet mode).
Question; wich is the mor ecomplete software to operate in dig mode? e.g. MultiPsk or other.
Hello my friend Mikhail,
I received the link of TRUE TTY (DX SOFT).
In one hand I'm satisfied of Fldigi.
In the other hand also if the curiosity to test a new program is always big , but..... I want follow an Italian saying : never leave the old road for the new one....
I hope you understand what I mean.
I spent several time during the WE on frequency with the help of friends to set the program Fldigi "a bit headaches" hi hi ....in order to use at its best capacity.
No, we just use the 30 meter band. I'd would suggest 10120 or 10130 kHz to lessen the distortion. The higher up on the band you get the greater sampling distortion you get as you get close to the maximum usable bandwith which is 96 kHz.
Hello to anybody looking at this message, I would like to know if there is anybody on hamsphere that can guide me through CW and to get it working not being computer minded but very keen on hamsphere may I suggest whoever may be interested to have on their computer team viewer also I would load it on mine that way the very kind person could take over my computer and do the necessary to get CW working on hamsphere, I would not expect this to be done for free I am quite willing to pay whoever a fee for their services via paypal.email email@example.com.... regards 26 HS 9253