Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
How do I use Hamsphere from behind a firewall?
2009-12-31 14:48
When I log into HamSphere at work, the response is:
"Server is temporarily offline." "Please try later"

Is the server offline, or is this a network issue?

Thanks

Richard
Re: Using Hamsphere from behind a firewall
2010-01-01 20:46
Admin
Hi Richard.

No, the server has run steadily for quite some time now.
The problem you are experiencing is most likely Internet-related.

Case 1:

Firewall issue at work. Your network admin has stopped the TCP port 8010 outbound in your network. Perheps you use Proxies to surf the net?

Case 2:

Try the PingPlotter program downloadable from Ping Plotter demo
and check the connection to the HamSphere server at 83.168.206.42.

Look for congestions and packet-loss. Also check the ping time and how it varies.
Somethimes you will be able to pin-point the culprit being a faulty router somewhere along then way to Sweden where the server is located.

The HamSphere system is prone to "cut off" the session if the TCP connection over internet is lossy or slow.

Hope this shines some light on the issue.

Kelly

2HS451 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When I log into HamSphere at work, the response
> is:
> "Server is temporarily offline." "Please try
> later"
>
> Is the server offline, or is this a network
> issue?
>
>
> Thanks
>
> Richard
2010-10-22 15:42
how about some help for this matter not just a ping plotter
2010-10-22 17:32
9HS844
how about some help for this matter not just a ping plotter

Firstly, Ask a question in a polite and useful manner, and just once is required, then you will get the help you need.

As has already been explained here and in several other threads the "Server is temporarily offline." and "Please try later" messages are caused by network transport issues.

Somewhere between your computer and the server a connection has failed and the data stream has been lost, or the connection has become niosy or lossy and the data is corrupted by the time it reaches you computer.. All of these possibilities, and many more, can cause the connection to the server to be lost.

The HamSphere administrators ensure that the connections at the server are working and open. You must ensure that the connections at your end are also open and working. This can be done by making sure that TCP port 8010 is open through your firewall and, if necessary, forwarded by your router to the computer.

If you are still having problems after opening and / or forwarding the ports use Ping Plotter to find where the problem is. If it shows that it is within the network of your ISP contact them to have the problem fixed. If it is outside that network there is nothing you or the HamSphere administrators can do.

Andy
KF6PVT/MM0BQV/Broadcaster

Hamsphere Forum Moderator
Re: How do I use Hamsphere from behind a firewall and Proxy
2011-02-01 13:32
How do i use Hamsphere from behind a firewall and Through Proxy server/ all the best from 27HS103
2011-02-01 14:21
Hello just a quick response but I am not that knowledgable about this topic.................

Previouly it has been mentioned to ............Check your firewall settings. It seems that TCP port 8010 is blocked for outgoing traffic. Are you behind a corporate network .................

More infromation ...that may help you would be documented in the HAMSPHERE.com forum.........in the section called TECHNICAL PROBLEMS & VIDEO........

...... check this out or repost for additional help !!!

Vic
Ve3JAR
2011-03-08 16:42
where is tcp port 8010 on my computer. how do I check that my firewall is stopping hamsphere from connecting on my computer. The Server Temporarially Offline notice is what I've been getting for the last Four weeks. Is Hamsphere still on the net. If I could get some help on this matter it would be welcome.I'm not a techie computer-wise. All the best 73's Sean 29hs242
2011-03-08 17:02
Admin
HamSphere is fully operational. Check the cluster page. http://www.hamsphere.com/cluster.php

It seems to me that you four weeks ago did something to your computer.
Installed a new firewall? A new ADSL moded or changed the security settings in your operating system?

Try to ping hamsphere.com
What IP address do you get? It should give 83.168.206.42

Can you reach http://hamsphere.com with your browser and get the home page?

If you have the firewall running, just briefly disengage it and run HamSphere to see whether the FW stops the port or not.

Please email support@hamsphere.com for further support.

Kelly
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.