Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
Why no CW in Trial periode
2011-08-15 13:21
How can I try this application when there are no activity and no way to start a conversation chat ???
Really I can only listen in the trial version. Why is that??
Re: Why no CW in Trial periode
2011-08-15 15:04
Admin
HamSphere requires patience as everything with HamRadio. Calling CQ on 40 meters usually works and generates QSOs. We have closed the chat for trial users as it was heavily misused.

The CW option is basically a built in CW keyer where you type the CW text in the chat line. It is an option that comes with the subscribed package.

Working CW on HamSphere can be done by anyone, even trial users with a side tone generator where you inject a low signal sine wave into the system. As HamSphere is prone to splattering you should keep the side tone injection very low below ALC 1. Please note that the system operates in Double sideband mode and an injected tone will create two side bands thus a little wider than on the real HF bands.

In version 3.0 (being developed as we speak) you will be able to key a real carrier by a CW key or paddle/manipulator thus transmitting real CW without sidebands.

Kelly
5B4AIT
Re: Why no CW in Trial period
2011-11-13 22:39
5B4AIT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In version 3.0 (being developed as we speak) you
> will be able to key a real carrier by a CW key or
> paddle/manipulator thus transmitting real CW
> without sidebands.
>
>
>
I have been unable to find any information about
wiring paddles for CW use. The manual only talks
about using the keyboard. Where do I find the
wiring info?

Steve
2011-11-13 22:48
Admin
Hi Steve.

I am sorry, but I have been trying to make this work. I was thinking of using the LPT1 Centronix printer port, but that port has been made redundant in new PC's.

The other idea I had was to use two sound cards and generate a side tone for audio out in the program to first sound card and then wire the audio out via the key or keyer and then back to audio in on that first sound card. Or simply use an external side tone generator.

And then finally transmit the side tone over the HamSphere in CW mode to key the transmitter via the tone making true CW.

We shall see.

Kelly
2011-11-24 20:12
Hi Kelly,

My paddle is wired to a com port (serial) for a couple of other CW applications, Handshaking lines CTS and DSR are used .. but I understand your challenge as many newer computers are made without those ports either. Those of us using serial ports either have older machines or USB adapters.

Perhaps I will load the software and tune around to see how much CW I hear. I may try using side tone from a keyer if there is enough activity.

Thank you for your answer

Steve
2012-02-07 02:21
I hope you find a solución for us who like to use cw keys or bugs.
2012-02-09 17:44
hi guys I am just wondering if there is a c/w reader on hamsphere or could someone recomend one for me via a link I have always fancied giving morse ago 73's

andy

m3hjg
2013-04-22 03:12
if some one is trying to learn cw and wants to use the program to help but can't use the keyer becasue thay are not a paid member then the program is junk. i will tell you right now that unless you enable trial members to use the cw keyer that is part of the chat box, i will turn people away from the app.
i like the app and i want to use it but i can't afford it right now. the trial period should be a lot longer like a month not a week.
2013-06-28 16:53
A key arhat you can use connected to an audio oscillator. Have the output of the oscillator near the microphone. I have used this method for VHF/UHF repeaters when running a cw practice session on air. Low level audio is often picked up very well by a microphone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.