Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
My PTT dose not work with my MAC, why?
2009-12-08 07:09
I can hear but I can't transmit. I have checked my input and output on the computer. I am using a mac os10.5 on a I Book using airport (wifi).
any suggestions will be appreciated.
Re: ptt/no mic
2009-12-08 14:46
Hello Mark
I assume you have already checked your mic to make sure its working. When you speak into the mic can you see the "S" meter move? I'll bet its a setting problem on your side.
Next time you have Hamsphere running, drop me a PM here and I'll meet you on any frequency and we'll see if we can work it out.
Jerry - N1TKO
2009-12-08 22:51
Hi

As a beta-tester I was also unable to get TX audio working on any version of OS X from Tiger up to date. I spent hours configuring ports, reading logs and sniffing tcp and so on within the OS, the router being tested with XP as transparent. I communicated all to Kelly. We conclude it is a failure of the OS to communicate the Java authored audio stream to the hardware correctly. OS X Java im plementation has always been a bit cranky....

Shame but there it is 8-)

Good luck and let us all know if you make it work!

Another Mark
2009-12-09 01:39
WoW Mark.... That was a mouth full! I really don't understand any of that stuff so you are way ahead of me. I hope you can figure something out. Its good to have guys like you around the Forum when people have technical problems.
Take care and best 73.... Also, Have a great Christmas and may 2010 bring you all the Java answers!!

Jerry - N1TKO
2009-12-09 08:12
Admin
Hi Mark + Mark

This is extremely odd. My friend Bjorn/SM0MDG sat here in Cyprus with me and he has the Mac with OSX and we started the jar file. It worked right away. Good modulation.

I really want it to work on Mac for you guys. I wonder if any of you could contact me on MSN and I could do some tests. Also I need to read up on the Java implementation on the MAC. I think this error is very trivial.

Regards
Kelly
2009-12-09 10:15
Hi Kelly

I dont use MSN Im afraid, I have experimented with OS X 10.4.11 - 10.5.8 (java up to date) on PPC of several types also using a borrowed MacBook Pro and an iMac using 10.5.8. I have not used Snow Leopard.... is that what Bjorn was using?

I suspected the OS firewall at first as its very "secretive" in its activity and hard to diagnose issues, but after some sniffing felt that there was a packet stream on TX it was just devoid of audio. In later HSphere versions I could see that I was TX a "carrier" as Hamsphere shows a spike. Hence the belief Java has the error.

I should add that its been like that from the very first version of Hamsphere you released... btw works 100% on XP box through the router and indeed on MBPro booting XP.

Be great if it could be sorted!

Mark
2009-12-11 10:47
I also cant transmit on ptt. Mic mic is all right in skype and MSN.
What can I do?
2009-12-11 14:24
I just succeded in getting audio through to TX using a USB audio device. Its very, very distorted and rough however. Ill PM Kelly to see if that gives a lead on the cause.

Mark
2009-12-12 13:43
I often have problems with the microphone, becouse other programs like skype or music player keep messing with the controls.

If I want to set the mic level corretly, I have to tx and then make corrections.

It would be very nice to have a microphone indicator on the HS rig, so one does not need to actually transmit to check the mic level.
2009-12-12 14:52
Admin
I agree! And I have an idea on how to do this.

It's on the TODO list.

Regards
Kelly

>
> It would be very nice to have a microphone
> indicator on the HS rig, so one does not need to
> actually transmit to check the mic level.
Re: My PTT dose not work with my MAC, why?
2010-02-10 22:17
Have you tried to kill all the processes (Skype, Msn et. all) before using the HS software? There could be an open hook, preventing the use of the PTT. Just a thought.
2010-02-11 07:42
I am using a G5 running 10.5 and a MacBook Pro running 10.6, both regularly updated, and have no problems transmitting or receiving.

I can have Safari, Firefox, Mail, Skype, Echolink and any number of applications running at the same same time as Hamsphere with no issues.

I have had a few failures/crashes on log-in but have been patient and managed to get in on second or third attempt. I can post the crash log if it will help..

However, it has been known for some time that Java for Mac is a little finicky and doesn't always work the same way as Java for Microsoft products, so this may be part of the problem.

Andy
KF6PVT/MM0BQV/Broadcaster

Hamsphere Forum Moderator
2010-02-22 02:50
My MacBook/Pro with 10.6.2 (intel) has been functioning perfectly for about 6 hours continously.

Bill
F1 - F12 Key is not running on my IMac
2010-07-12 11:36
Hello .
I can not working with the F1 - F12 Key from my Imac --(Snow Leopard) and i can not give the Frequenz direct.
Also i have a Problem with change the Frequenz with the VFO -- Only 100 Khz ( from 14,155 > 14,100 ) I can not going on 14,050 ..

vy 73 de Jürgen DL9MBZ
Re: F1 - F12 Key is not running on my IMac
2010-07-12 11:58
Hi Jürgen,

On a Mac the F1 - F12 keys are used by Expose and Spaces by default. you have 2 options:

1: You will need to go into your system preferences and change the settings for both Expose and Spaces to be able to use the F keys.

2: If you are using a keyboard with an 'fn' key you may be able to hold down that key and press the 'F' key to do what you want.

Andy
KF6PVT/MM0BQV/Broadcaster

Hamsphere Forum Moderator
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.