Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
Hamsphere QRP!!! Well.... almost
2009-12-30 17:22
Hello Hamsphere-ites!!
Just thought I'd share a new "Little" device I just got. I'm going to use this just for Hamsphere so I'll free up my computer for other things.
This is a cool little device. It's called Fit-PC.

Here's mine. The battery is just there to show the size in comparison.

It runs on Unbutu operating system and is just as fast as my PC with Win 7.
Here's the back of it with the monitor port, 2 USB ports, speaker and Mic ports as well as the dual Ethernet connections.

I also use this tiny 1Gb flash memory from HP.

This unit makes no noise whatsoever.... its hard to believe such a little thing can do so much. Very cool device. If you ever come across one, grab it. It makes for a cool little back-up PC. You can run Win XP on it too.

My Desk with Hamsphere QRP!!!

Specifications:
CPU: AMD Geode LX800
Memory: 256MB DDR
60GB HDD
VGA Display up to 1920 X 1440
Dual Ethernet 100Mbps
Comes pre-loaded with Unbutu Linux

Jerry - N1TKO
Re: Hamsphere QRP!!! Well.... almost
2009-12-30 20:08
It seem interesting, maybe in the USA the prices are cheaper, but at the price listing I've found at the italian reseller, it seem too high to me
the cheapest one, a disk-less model, it cost 300€, when for 250€ I could buy a NetBook...
ok, is not the same thing :), but with the Netbook I get (and I pay) also an Hard Disk, a Display and a Microsoft license
I know is small and fan-less, maybe I have not too fantasy :) but I can imagine a reason to pay more to have less...
Anyway, to be honest, more likely my opinion is distorted by my growing wish to buy me a Linux Netbook... who knows.. ;)

73 + 51
--
1HS104 Stefano - IZ3XNJ
HamSphere Admin
HamSphere Italia Frequenza Monitor 21.380
Re: Hamsphere QRP!!! Well.... almost
2009-12-30 22:34
That is sweet. I was looking at one of those a couple months ago. I really like Ubuntu Linux. I duel boot Ubuntu and Windows XP

Ubuntu 100 Gigs

Windows XP 400 Gigs
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.