Hamsphere 3.1
2018-06-12 04:50
I see the Hamsphere 3.1 version transceiver is displayed on the Hamsphere homepage. Is this version available now? I have the 3.0 version and would like to get the 3.1 due to the upgraded design of the SDR Transceiver. Do I need to put in a support ticket to do this or is there another way to upgrade my 3.0 rig? Thanks in advance!

Mike - KD6KA
Re: Hamsphere 3.1
2018-06-19 17:08
Does anyone have any idea about the question I asked about 7 days ago (above)? Is this forum being monitored at all? Just curious....
2018-06-25 17:28
Hi Mike,

yes, this forum is very rare and I believe, the staff isn't still reading here (all on Facebook...).

Abour your question: The last stable 3 version is still a 3.0.3.2, but there is a new BETA version 3.1.x for Windows 32- and 64-bit systems.
You can download this Beta via this link:
http://www.hamsphere.com/dl/HamSphere3.1.2-setup.exe

But much more interesting is the 4.0.x version, much more realistic! Did you try it yet?
Hope that will help you.

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2018-06-25 18:45
Hello Jorg,

Thank you for the reply. Vic, VE3JAR (I think that was his call) answered me via PM about the Beta a few days ago. I have downloaded it and tried it out. So far so good. Yes I have 4.010 also and use that for the most part. Only problem is latency and lots of disconnecting from the server. Sort of makes the HS experience troubling. I have submitted a ticket to support about that also. Thanks again!

KD6KA - Mike
2018-06-25 19:32
Hello Mike,

yes, Vic is well known and a nice guy. :-)

Sometimes I have connection failures on HS 4 as well, but most time it's ok for me.
I'm not so interested in HS 3, because it is a bit more like Skype or a CB-Radio.
But it's good for beginners and for bigger groups and stable contacts.

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login