Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
Are HamSphere Band Privies THE SAME AS Your RL License ??
2016-06-05 10:23
Sorry for the n00b question but am FLOORED to see THIS question IS NOT in the FAQ (It SHOULD at or near the top)

Anyhow, IRL my call is KB0OXD & I'm a No-Code Technician (Basically a beginner's license for those of you not familiar with the licensing structure here in the U.S.)

IRL, that means while I can transmit on 6 & 10 meters all I want, I CANNOT voice/phone on 15, 40 or 75/80 meters & I CANNOT transmit AT ALL on ANY of the other HF band

Because of this, I've already announced to the world via Social Media that I only plan to work 6 & 10 meters using HS on Field Day (U.S.) as I have BOTH the legal permission AND equipment capability to safely transmit on those bands

If this is all VIRTUAL (As many have suggested on here), I'm rather curious to know what's being done to keep license holders within the boundaries on HS (At least as much as possible) of our RL license

Thoughts ?? Discussion ??

Cheers & 73 :)

Patrick, KB0OXD
Re: Are HamSphere Band Privies THE SAME AS Your RL License ??
2016-06-05 11:33
Hi Patrick,

as HamSphere is a complete "closed system", everybody is free to use ALL bands and frequencies. It is not depending on any licence (also my is not longer active since many years).

So you have the choice (as a radio-amateur) to use the real callsign or the selected HS callsign. There is no difference in operating.
On real HF you only may use the bands, modes and power of your class-restrictions, of course. But not on HamSphere.
There is no "way out" and we don't have any kind of licence on HS.

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2016-06-08 05:22
Thanks for the clarification Jorg :-)

However though since I don't yet have a selected HS callsign, I shall use my RL callsign on the HS bands

Hope to hear ya on the bands :)

Cheers & 73 :)

Pat, KB0OXD
2016-06-08 16:52
Hi Pat, you're welcome. :-)

Yes, I would prefer the real HF callsign also for HamSphere. It's easier to remember than "only numbers" and maybe some beginners has the intention to ask questions about real operating and so on.

Hope to hear ya as well. :-)

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.