Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
hello
2011-02-23 18:09
can i talk to a real person in another country or is everything simulated?
Re: hello
2011-02-24 21:58
Hello Brian
You can speak with country's all over the world.
Hamsphere is a simulation.
Its a virtual radio, no antenna, it has nothing to do with Hf.
But it is a VERY GOOD simulation

Gr Geert Ulm Germany
2011-02-25 04:49
so everything goes over the internet?
2011-02-25 08:20
YES everything !!!!!
2011-02-26 17:03
so what about the radio stations. Are they simulated also?
2011-02-27 19:04
Hi Brian
No the radio stations are Hamsphere users on the BC band.
But only send music on the BC band,every hs and HAMS can bring music on the BC band.
Gr Geert
2011-04-17 06:03
Could someone explain to this novice what a "simulated" signal is? I suspect it is a signal using something other than a physical antenna. Is that right?
Also, I am ready to subscribe but want to know if transmission is accomplished with a simple computer mike. Simply broadcasting through the computer.

Thanks in advance for the info.
2011-04-17 06:24
OK, I think I got it. I did some more reading and I understand transmission is accomplished with a computer mike.
2011-04-17 10:53
Hello Keith 2hs705

Welcome to HamSphere .........Simulated is when you make it sound like and feel like the REAL THING Ham RADIO without using a Receiver and a transmitter & antenna on the Shortwave bands.
When using HamSphere on the Internet it is VOIP there are NO connection via Repeaters / Receivers / linking of any kind to the HAM BANDS........JUST communication over the INTERNET.

Only those users that have HAMSPHERE loaded on their computers can talk with and hear each other.....No one without the software can be heard or be contacted ...............

This is a very interesting and exciting program to be able to connect via simulated virtual radio with many Users from DX countries around the world............

Welcome my friend ......... log on to HamSphere Radio with a computer microphone & using your computer soundcard , make the necessary setting adjustments and you are ready to go.........enjoy the program using Ham Radio protocol and procedures............ the main thing is to have fun and make new friends.
The HAMSPHERE Forum has more interesting information regarding HAMSPHERE ...its operation, features with tricks and tips for you to read and understand ..........

Look for you on the radio Keith

73 ENJOY

Vic
VE3JAR
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.