Corona Admin
Forum List Message List Search
HS 4.010 Transceiver doesn't work on Windows 10
2018-02-22 10:28
The HS4.0.10 transceiver doesn't seem to work on Windows 10.
The console says "Starting Transceiver. Please wait!" then quietly ended after a while.
I have tried it on two Win 10 PCs, and neither can run Transceiver.
The system is
Windows 10 Pro 1709 16299.248 / Traditional Chinese
Please help!
Re: HS 4.010 Transceiver doesn't work on Windows 10
2018-04-25 14:00
I have the same on my Windows 10...let me know if you get an answer as to WHY?

Always nice to receive information from around the world...thank you one and all!
2018-04-25 19:07
Hello Reed
Not sure what could be the issue...........
I have been using HS 4.0 with Win 10 1709 16299.402 & Java version 8 upgrade 171 with really NO ISSUES.

Process:
Enter Callsign & Password click LOGIN
Yes Wait next screen
Click the word TRANCEIVER
Next screen select the raio from list or jus OK default radio

Yes PLEASE Wait

Short time RADIO Image is on screen ready to operate..........

Check if you have microphone connected and the correct audio device to be used...........

Maybe this helps sorry I cannot suggest anything else from you explaination !

Vic
2018-05-05 10:41
A reason could be the wrong installation-folder on 64-bit systems.
In this case make sure the program is under X86 folder in windows.

This should solve the issue. Otherwise reinstall it and make a new installation with admin-account.

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
2018-06-25 21:53
I'm having the same problem. Windoze 10 Pro 64 bit build 1803.
Brand new Win 10 installation.
HamSphere 4,010,
When I click on the "transceiver" tab, it displays a list of transceivers. I select "default".
It then displays "Starting Transceiver. Please wait" for about 3 seconds.
The display area goes blank, and it just sits there waiting for another command.
The "editor" tab works as expected. I copied the default transceiver, saved it as a
different transceiver, tried to run it, and got the same results. I also tried it by
creating a new rig. Same problem.

At the OS level, I tried the compatibility troubleshooter and various compatibility settings. no luck.
I also tried to uninstall and reinstall it as administrator, which didn't improve the situation. Same
for enabling "run as administrator".

The program installed itself in:
C:\HamSphere\HamSphere4_010\
which is not the standard location for Windoze program installs. It probably should go
under one of the "program files" directories.

Ok, what else should I try to make it play nice?

Note: I'm setting up a new machine for another ham and have borrowed his login because I'm
not a HamSphere subscriber. Jeff Liebermann AE6KS.

Update 1: I uninstalled 4.010 and installed 3.0.3.2 which correctly installed itself in
C:\Program Files (X86)\HamSphere3\
and works just fine. I guess I should see what happens when I have both installed.

Update 2. Bingo. I now have HamSphere 4.010 working. The problem was the directory location under
C:\HamSphere\
which does NOT work. In order to make HamSphere 4.010 work, I had to:
1. Uninstall HamSphere 4.010
2. Delete everything under the C:\HamSphere\ directory
3. Create a directory for HamSphere to install as it continued to try and install in C:\Hamsphere\
So, I manually created:
C:\Program Files (X86)\HamSphere4\
because the install program would not allow creating a new directory for HamSphere. It had
to exist prior to running the installation program.
4. Install HamSphere 4.010. When it asks for where to install, it will probably default
to C:\HamSphere\ which is what caused the problem. Select instead:
C:\Program Files (X86)\HamSphere4\
5. Proceed normally and it should run.

Of course, I created the problem when I took a new Win 10 installation, and copied from the
old machine all the user data files. Most of them were under the users $Home directory. However,
there were a few that were installed under the root directory (C:\) which I dutifully copied. Had
I not done so, this problem would not have occurred. Hopefully, this will help anyone who
blunders into the same problem.

Jeff Liebermann AE6KS
2020-08-09 02:19
Hi Jorg!

Question, My HS4 transceiver has no audio output. the computer is an Athlon 955 quad core with twelve gig of ram. The transceiver, other than the audio issue, operates normally. I read your comment with interest when you wrote the HS4 software should be in the x86 folder, mine is in the C:/ folder. Would this cause audio issues?? I'm totally perplexed with this! THANK YOU hugely for any further insight! > Kathi N0FKA
PS - I should state the audio stream on the computer works normally without hs4.
2020-08-09 10:26
Hi Kathi,

first: "C:\" is not a folder, it is the whole drive or partition. ;-)

If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows, you'll find 2 different folders for (application) programs below the C:
prgrams or programs(x64) and programs(x86). If you have an 32-bit application (like HamSphere), you should install it into the (x86) folder.
All other Apps into (x64).

You don't have this difference at 32-bit Windows versions.
Ok, so far the intro. :-))) But I don't believe, that the wrong folder may cause only a audio-problem, if the rest of application is running fine.
You can try to install HS there, but I think that is not the reason in your case.

I could imagine an other issue with audio drivers or something like that.
For example, if you have more than one audio-card/chip in your PC, than make sure to select the right one in HamSphere. But the reason is hard to say form the distance and far away. If yo can't solve thist problem, you could open a ticket to HamSphere-Support.

73 and good DX from Jörg :-)
JO31ok
Bochum / Germany
Re: Cant log
2020-10-10 17:42
i hope someone can help every time i try log in to ether version of hamsphere all i get server not connected, Also do i have to have a capture device and a playback device? It also says support page for message:1002 REQUEST SUPPORT. But when i do i just can't find the error number. Thanks for any help. 2HS2136
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

© HamSphere AB, All Right Reserved.